March 6, 2015

Five for Friday Linky Party


I'm linking up today with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a Five for Friday linky where I post 5 random things for today or this week.  So here are my 5...

We've had quite a few snow days in the past 3 weeks, which is unusual for the southeast area of Virginia where I live.  Last night we didn't get much, but it was mostly sleet and ice and it's really cold this morning.  So strange since the temps were in the 60s on Wednesday.  Our sup called last night to let us know we'd have a 2 hour delay, but this morning they canceled school for the day.  Here's what it looked like outside my front door this morning.  I know it doesn't look like much for our northern friends, but our back country roads are all ice.  Better safe than sorry...



So today I get an unexpected day at home!  Yippee!  I actually have lots to catch up on.  First on my list is the yearbook.  I am WAY behind in getting the yearbook finished for one of my schools, so today is a blessing to work on it.  I decided on a detective/mystery theme this year.  Here are the front and back covers of my yearbook so far...




This week I worked with one of my besties who teaches 2nd grade.  She is currently teaching money and wanted to do something with the iPads.  So, I worked on some QR code task cards.  The students LOVED it!  We put some money on their desks and played the Scoot game.  It was so much fun. 


After we tried it out in her room, I made some additions and improvements and added this to my TpT and TN stores.  I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  Check it out...

 


I'm excited to have been really working on my new Facebook Fan page!  And I already have 64 likes - Woohoo! Be sure to check it out.  I plan to post some Freebies soon!



This week I have also been working with a 6th grade language arts teacher and her classes.  We have been doing a nonfiction project where students have read a nonfiction book, completed research on their topic and created presentations with Prezi.  It has been lots of fun and I'm so excited to see how creative and different all of the student projects are turning out.  We are still working on finishing them, so I'll post a few next week when they are complete.  If you haven't seen Prezi, you have to check it out!

Have an awesome weekend... and hope for warmer weather soon!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Snow seems to be everywhere!! Seems like spring *might* be right around the corner though!!I I love using QR codes!! They are super easy to make and so much fun for the kids! Glad the kids enjoyed them! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping for spring weather soon! I love QR codes too and they work so well on task cards. Thanks for checking out my blog. I have been looking at yours, too.

      Delete
  2. What a lot you packed into your week despite the snow! Lovely to meet you through the linky party :-) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete